Thank you for your Support!
T-Bone Feeders Bill Monks Chuck Wilkens - Wilkens Truck & Trailer Donna Quick
5 SHG and Little Smokey
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
1. BBQ Contest Entry Fee will be $75.00, which includes meat for the contest (1 brisket, 1 pork butt & 1 rack of ribs)
2. Each team will consist of 1 Chief Cook and up to 3 Assistants.
3. BBQ Team Sign: Each team is recommended to display a sign identifying their campsite. The sign should include the Team Name and the City & State they represent.
4. Teams may share cooking devices.
5. Golf carts, ATV’s & UTV’s are strictly prohibited except for handicapped and elderly persons.
6. Electricity/Generators: No loud generators will be allowed in the interior competition space. Power connections are available in these areas. If your team needs power, please select the “Electrical Hookups” option on the entry form and bring up to 200’ of extension cord to reach the power box. For teams located in the perimeter competition spaces, generators will be allowed. Please place the generator far enough away from all BBQ camps to prevent negative impacts on fellow competitors. Committee reserves the right to request any generator deemed “negative to the festival environment” be turned off. Any team not abiding by this request will be disqualified and will be asked to leave the park grounds.
7. Teams MUST attend the General Meeting on Saturday at 5:00 PM – Containers for judging will be handed out at this meeting.
8. To allow for improved public access, please park all vehicles (including RV's and campers) on the street around the park.
9. Contestants may begin cooking anytime Saturday evening at the contest site after 5:00pm.
10. Meat must be kept in ice below 40 degrees before cooking and it must reach a minimum of 170 degrees before serving.
11. Contest Categories are as follows: Ribs, Brisket and Pork Butt. A certificate for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Place will be awarded for the combined score. We also award Certificates for each category for the Peoples Choice.
12. Meat can be picked up Saturday evening. Contestants must use the meat supplied by us to enter the judging for Ribs, Brisket, and Pork Butt.
13. Please be prompt when turning in food for judging. Check-in times will be posted by 9:00 PM Saturday evening.
14. Each contestant must submit 6 SMALL separate portions of samples to be judged. We will provide the numbered containers for each team.
15. After turning in food for judging, teams are to bring ALL REMAINING FURNISHED FOOD to the meal site at the designated area by 11:30 AM. It is your responsibility to prepare the meat for the public choice award; shred pork and slice brisket in thin, uniform slices. All remaining meat furnished MUST be served at the Peoples Choice or the team may be disqualified from the competition.
16. Teams are allowed only 1 entry per category.
17. Overall Winner will be determined by the highest total accumulated points from the following categories: Brisket, Pork Butt and Ribs.
18. Please keep your working and cooking areas sanitized. Also, keep your campsite clean and thoroughly clean up your site at the conclusion of contest. Please use common sense in this matter.
19. Garnishes in judging boxes are permitted; however, to simplify judging, no sauce containers are permitted. Meats may be presented with or without sauce.
*Check-in times for Meats will be published by 9:00 PM Saturday evening.
Goodland Super 8
Flatlander Festival Smok'n BBQ Cook Off
H J Stephens & Townsend Ag